Myalabasterbox

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Imagination, Creativity and Action...

Hope you had a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious festive season…I did. Friends, laughs, sand, sea, sun, food, drink oh the food…movies, books, the power of giving, alone time…simply restful….BLISS actually. I had a gorgeous vacation and I’m grateful for the time to rejuvenate.

Now I’m back to the grind and loving it. For some odd reason I oft miss work when I’m away for more than three days. I don’t like to sit still and be idle because my mind tends to wander off into mischief and over-analytical mode.

Did I make any resolutions? No, I never do. I however set goals that I almost always meet and should I not then I beat up on me. Are those resolutions??? Hmmm maybe but in my quest to be different I choose to refer to em as goals…go figure!

I’m determined that I will let love into my heart this year. I will let him love me for whom and what I am without running as soon as the feeling settles into my being. I am determined to love him back with all my soul offers without my usual inhibitions and sour excuses.

I’m determined to keep the promise I made. I don’t make promises because I don’t like to let people down. However, I did on 1/1/07 and I intend to hold my honor on this one.

I’m determined that I will get some good work in for HIV/AIDS in Kenya. I believe in my being that fulfilling this will lead to the ultimate contentment of my heart.

I am determined to learn to play acoustic guitar…don’t ask.

I’m determined to remember the pureness of humanity and that love surpasses all that transpires in the world. I want my actions rather than words to be an example to others. To give hope to someone, anyone out there in the simplest of ways.

Have a fab year all…soar with the eagles if you please and remember the sky’s no longer the limit!!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Princess said...

Happy New Year. Sounds like you made some pretty impressive decisions for 2007!!

11:15 AM  
Blogger egm said...

Happy New Year!

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy new year. All the best with acheiving the goals you have set for this year.

1:15 AM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@princess...have a gr8 year doll...as for impressive hmmmmmmmmm...I'll do my darnest to see them through, so help me God!

@egm...same to you dude...are you back where are OUR photos.

@aegeus...happy new year to you too n ta.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Magaidi said...

Hey Q (hope you don't mind me calling you Q)- I hear you on the resolutions Vs. Goals. All the best for '07.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@magaidi...ta for stopping by and Q's fine with me

8:25 AM  
Blogger freespirit said...

Wishing you all the best in your goals.. I hear you on the setting goals vs. resolutions..
I haven't figured mine yet, but I know one for sure is to at least go on ONE date before the year is over...lol...wish me luck HAHAHAHAH

All the best in your endeavors this year.

7:15 AM  
Blogger am mdkims said...

heyy ... lovely aspirations you have ... they read like poetry ... am sure they will flow out of you like a song

7:39 AM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@freespirit...ta doll...Luck!

@mdkims...ta for stoppinng by...poetry?...hmmm...I like the way u put that "flow out like a song"

10:55 AM  
Blogger Girl next door said...

Great to hear about your holiday. Isn't it funny how you miss work and other rituals when you're away for an extended period?

I like your idea of setting goals rather than resolutions.

All the best this year!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@GND...ta for the well wished doll...I never thought the day would come when I'd miss work and or school...strange days I telya!

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home