Myalabasterbox

Friday, December 15, 2006

Today is Closing Day...yipeeeeeeeee

Today is my last day at work you see, and I plan to grab the rest of the year by the horns and enjoy to my hearts content. Two and a half weeks should be long enough for me to rejuvenate my soul. I’ve had ups and downs aplenty this year and I’m about to bury all of that. I plan to watch movies and read and spend time with family/friends and catch up on rest and volunteer and play in snow and go horseback riding oh my I want to go art galleries and museums and to the bookstore and to a cabin way over there and just be.

The New Year will be ushered in at the beach. My being is yearning for the expanse of water that has a special way of soothing my being. I shall lay prostrate and await the oh so forceful bliss of the water to work its way from the tip of my toes and gradually up my body with the ever so tingling touch that &*$%. Oooooooooooh the sunset…one word comes to mind - wistful.

I wish you all a most wonderfully blessed and especially safe season…have fun till your hearts laugh…yes, that deep pit of your stomach guffaw. To all who are traveling be safe, enjoy your journeys and don’t forget to come back.

Embrace your friends and family and even the stranger who may need a simple smile to brighten their day.

I’m easily moved by fellow beings’ efforts and would thus like to share this with you http://www.msafiriexpress.com. If you haven’t already visited this website please do...I’ll let it speak for itself

7 Comments:

Blogger ritch said...

Hi, Quintessence,
I have put a link to your blog in my blogs:
i) drifting-words.blogspot.com (On Drifting, Wavy Words)
ii) ritch-african.blogspot.com (African Affairs)

Please put links to my blogs in your blog.
Cheers!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Chatterly said...

Aw you lucky one! we have to work till the 22nd and then go back on the 3rd:-( but its better than nothing, i know guys who are getting a break between 22nd and 26th and they have to be at work on the 27th! shoooooot!

Have a wonderful holiday, merry christmas and a happy 2007!

1:42 AM  
Blogger egm said...

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year!

3:59 AM  
Blogger gishungwa said...

Great tidings and God's blessings as you celebrate this joyful season.
*closing day* got me thinking of primary school.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Princess said...

Have a great holiday season girl!! I am actually working through the holidays but I am not complaining..my bonus was off the charts so it is totally worth it.

8:35 AM  
Blogger SisBigBones said...

Happy New Year Q. Hope you're somewhere near the beach right now, it's freezing cold in this Iceland, urgh!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@ritch...ta for stopping by...will attempt to fulfil your request.

@chatterly...i did have a fab vacation...do hope you enjoyed the days you got off.

@egm...ta, same to you man...jienjoy huko Kenya.

@gish...lol that was the intention...do hope you enjoyed yours too

@princess...hope you got some time off to enjoy the seasons festivities

@SBB...the beach was fab, sorry about the cold...

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home