Myalabasterbox

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Have a Stupendous Weekend!!!

Saturday I woke up early and went to volunteer to package and distribute Thanksgiving baskets. The experience left my being smiling…we had loads of fun dancing and working and singing and playing games and yet, putting our best effort in making a difference in anothers’ life. My heart was soooooooooo overwhelmed when we went to an old peoples home and were greeted with zeal enough to fit a King. They were so thrilled and surprised and excited and prayerful and appreciative that someone, anyone had thought about them and brought them much needed supplies. I got to thinking how simply I choose for my life to be and how little I expect from others and life. It takes very little to please a soul…a smile for instance is priceless and goes a long way.
I am content with simple pleasures. Though I’ve never been one to celebrate Thanksgiving, I always take time to volunteer to a worthy cause and often reflect on my life and the numerous blessings that have found their way to my being. It is my prayer that you all have a safe and wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unyc said...

Its always such a nice feeling to know you have put a smile on sme1's face. I love visiting children's home just to play with them and show them love. Its susch a worth cause.

4:41 AM  
Blogger egm said...

Looks like your TG came before the actual day itself. That's noble of you. I hope the actual day was wonderful for you. I had a great time meeting old friends I hadn't seen in years, and forging new friendships with those I met for the first time. It was a wonderful time had by all.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Girl next door said...

Giving your time is the most valuable thing to do.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@UNYC...it sure is...ta for stopping by

@egm...the actually day was a BLAST spent eating talking laughing dancing

@GND...it sure is and so effortless or so I think

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home