Myalabasterbox

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Undying love…

My heart is whispering with oh so sweet tunes the likes of…
…When I fall in love
… Summertiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime
Surrounded by candles and swaying away to…
Nat King Cole
Ella Fitzgerald
Louis Armstrong
Billie Holiday
Miles Davies
Duke Ellington (shhhh don’t tell the rest about my love for you)

They are over taking my soul and taking my being to a seemingly connected parallel universe where
John Legend
India Arie
Robin Thicke
Gnarls Barkley
Joss Stone
Angie my dearest Angie
Ms. Scott…you know it’s you Jill
Leela James

have taken over and are soaring the sky. My tired soul is flying with the eagles…high as I can I fly on and my body is in a gyrating trans-like mess. I am pulsating with the introduction of my South African collection
Lebo
Brenda Fassie
My beloved Hugh (Duke will never know hon…carry on enticing me)
Vusi
Lady Smith Black Mambazo
Sarafina Sound track
Ms. Kidjo and Fela have found their way to this insanity that includes a myriad of freedom songs reaching waaaaaaaaaay deep into my soul and I’m left spent. But Oliver Mtukudzi and Carlos Santana are stringing my hearts troubles away. I’m contemplating my life and the different dimensions that my actions could lead me to. I’m glad I choose the path to music tonight because my spirit is somewhat rejuvenated.

I reach further and find myself transfixed to the 70s…daddy daddy cool…oh my, stop the madness. Can’t too late…brown gal in the ring and that ma Baker sure has a way of making a girl feel like she can take over the world. I fall asleep to the sounds of
Boney M
Abba
The B Gees

I lay my head on the pillow at some weird hour of the night or is it morn’ yet. Was that the chirp of a bird…no Q go to sleep. Alas, it is morning...too soon man!

10 Comments:

Blogger Princess said...

The power of musics is amazing..it soothes the soul and just transcends us to a place we otherwise wouldn't visit.

10:14 AM  
Blogger egm said...

I got to enjoy Vusi, and as you said, he is GOOD! Combined with Habib and Dobet, the trio were phenomenal.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Unyc said...

Music is soothing to the ears n comforting to the heart and it always mkes me 4get the bad day i had.
The 70's n 80's music ws really gd. I enjoy it so much.
As for Angie Stona...gotta love this mamsilla.

1:26 AM  
Blogger egm said...

Addition... After reading this I went and dug up Oliver Mtukudzi's ziki, and yes, he is great. My brother introduced me to him, and I must say he is excellent!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@princess...I couldn't have said it any better!!!

@egm...hmm wondered how that went for you, glad you enjoyed it
Mtukudzi rocks man...I'm still attempting to collect all his cds...

@UNYC...I hear you man, it does the same for me and I often say that music will be my death...hmmm!

11:57 AM  
Blogger 3N said...

what about some tracy chapman, bob dylan, bob marley their music keeps my conscious alive!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Girl next door said...

The amazing power of music! There's something to suit every mood and occasion.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

@3n...i hear you man, tracy n bob are normally in the mix but this was one of those days...don't think I have any bob dylan...hmmmm

@GND...how true how true

5:49 AM  
Blogger gishungwa said...

Wa wa wa do i know you? bring back the music

10:42 PM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@gish...you don't know me but if you do then you have you'r own copies of the music...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home