Myalabasterbox

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

To better health and more...

Sunday my friends and I went to eat and had several discussions one of which included our seemingly unhealthy eating habits. I for one can’t remember the last time I had a home-cooked meal. Always on the go and it’s easier to load up on milk and cereal and granola bars and oatmeal and coffeeeeeeeeeeeee (nyamie)…then maybe over the weekend grab a seemingly robust meal that sees me through the next weekend.

I’ve always wanted to go on a cleansing diet. I used to think all veges or all fruit or all liquid for 14 days but never quite got to do it. So we sitting at the table and one of us mentions that she’s doing the 10day lemonade diet…not lemonade as we know it but this consists of:
60ounces distilled or spring water
10 tblspns maple syrup (Grade B)
10 tblspns fresh lemon juice

In addition to this we are taking Seena Tea (great laxative if you ever need one).

And the yuckiest is the sea salt mixture which consists of 2 tsps sea salt and a quart of distilled or spring water.

Oh how dare I forget the cayenne pepper. We opted to buy the capsules of which we have to take 2 with ever 8ounce of the lemonade. The other option would be to buy cayenne pepper and put 1/10 of a tsp to the lemonade…you can add or reduce this depending on your threshold for pepper.

The only other think we can consume is peppermint tea…organic might I add without sugar and or honey to taste.

We went on a field trip to a store that sells all natural/organic goods and bought our paraphernalia. That done we went, consolidated goods, made the seena tea, toasted to good health and chugged away. YUCK YUCK YUUUUUUUUUUCK doesn’t begin to describe the taste. Well actually it’s not that bad if you hold your breath as you drink it….success!

Day 1
Woke up fixed my drink and off I went. I really still can’t believe I’m doing this but it’s for good health so drunk I did. All day I’ve been sipping on this concoction and still nothing…no movement I keep burping and my stomach feels like I was up doing a gazillion crunches but other than that all systems are running as usual. Why is it that when you make a decision to do something temptations that defy your choice drop all over the place man. Today someone offered to buy me breakfast…where were they when I was broke about two weeks ago or when I forgot my wallet at home…ASHINDWE. Then theeeeeen like that’s not enough one of my friends brings a chicken patty for us to share…WOLOLO…ta but if I could I would but I can’t….why oh why are the temptations oh so close.

One of my friends decided that since our stomachs maybe sensitive, we should open the capsule touch it with tongue ever so lightly and let the stomach get used to it. She however forgot to mention to that we should then re-close said capsule and swallow with loads of water. So about lunch another friend calls and she is dying. Genius had opened the darn capsule which had ensued to burst in her mouth and she was the spectacle of her colleagues…why are we laughing about this I don’t know but twas funny.

No incident for me today. Went home, turn on tellie (the first thing I see is a Papa Johns commercial…AWAY AWAAAAAAAAAAAAY) and drunk the sea salt thingamajig. I had to close my eyes to imagine that I’m drinking some nyamie chicken broth (that almost sounds like an oxymoron). My head hurts like thirty hundred monkeys have decided to fight for the lone banana so off to bed I go.

Day 2
Today has been an extremely interesting day. I’m not hungry coz my stomach is filled with lemonade. Everyone in the office has some food thing going and I’m sooooo irritated by the different smells floating around. OMG someone is brewing coffee…I’m an avid coffee drinker but cannot stand to smell it today. I run to the rest room and double over by the different smells.
Gone with the scents I think I’m getting used to it. I’m amazed that I’m not hungry.

My friends have made me laugh all morning with narrations of their episodes of which I’ll spare you. I’m glad I’m doing this with them coz the humor and stories shared are priceless.
I typically have more energy than the average person or so I think. Today that energy is over and above. I can’t seem to sit still. I need to do something about this before I explode. I’d ‘done’ with work…cleared my inbox before noon. So now I’m reading blogs and playing solitaire..today would be my late night. I need to go for a walk. Ok back…it’s soooooo gorgeous out (prbly 65).

I’m seeing things…food looks oh so appetizing. I saw a cracker on the ground and with ants and all it looked unbelievable edible. I need to refocus my energy and thoughts. The evil one is trying to tempt me into cheating…who will know the voices are saying…no no no…away with you. I’m committed to doing this if I’ve to be carried to the ER.

Evil friends man…one called to let me know how delish her mango was, another sent us an email of Mickey Ds fries…uwiiiiiiiiii…RISWA!!!

I can’t wait to go home and take my sea salt thingamajig and go to bed. LOL why do humans resort to sleep when things are seemingly ‘thick.’



PS: To those who may so feel inclined to indulge in a similar cleanse you may get information on "The Lemonade Diet - The Master Cleanser" by Stanley Burroughs

8 Comments:

Blogger Princess said...

You have amazing willpower..I think it is awesome that you are cleansing. I usually just fast for a couple of days to cleanse my system..never done anything like what you are doing!! How many days do you have left?

3:36 PM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

we were initially going to do it for 10 days but since we're planning a hearty thanksgiving meal we'll do it for 7 days...on the 8th, 9th and 10th day we'll have OJ, vege soup and then solid food respectively.

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...i alwasy psyche myself up for a cleansing diet and get only half way through my first day!! sad! let us know how it goes...good luck

3:41 AM  
Blogger SisBigBones said...

Some things are not meant for me. Mucho respect to you for willing to stick to this diet. I can tell you right now, I wouldn't last 5 hours on ANY diet, my sweet tooth will kill me.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Girl next door said...

You and your buddies are strong! I have a buddy who was doing a cleansing thing and she would make vegetable juice in her blender. Sticking to a special diet is hard coz there's fast food everywhere especially if you turn on the tv.

9:56 PM  
Blogger egm said...

Just this morning a colleague of mine and I were talking during our walk from the bus stop to the office about eating healthy and keeping fit, so when I got in and read this I found it amusing. Like SBB, I can't stick to any diet! I am just not that disciplined. I think the most commendable thing I have done so far dietwise was to stop drinking coke like I was being paid and have been free of any soda for almost 9 months now. That's the extent of my cleansing.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@kipepeo...its the thought that counts...and somethings have to be accomplished in baby steps

@SBB...thats what I thought about self until I embarked on this venture...you'd be surprised how the body functions and how it can adjust to situations

@GND...about those commercial...maaaaaaan I almost broke my tellie

@egm...I thought that I lacked discipline as well...I'm actually surprised I'm doing this man
I must commend you on the coke thing...from one adict to another...I've tried to break away from it's grasp on me and the most I've gone away with it was 1.5yrs only to be recaptivated...good job man!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Girl next door said...

@Egm,
I don't drink soda either, except for the occasional Fanta.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home