Myalabasterbox

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Fear...

The other day I was paralysed by fear and almost made a wrong and oh so stupid decision. It wasn't until after I had coaxed self into reaching out that I realized how detrimental and crippling fear can be to ones being.
In my seeking to rid self of the unsettling feelings that were marathoning in my head I choose to watch movies all weeken. One of the movies I watched was Akeelah and the Bee and there was this marvelous qoute about fear...Even though I can't recall it verbatim and so won't share it (ha ha reason for you to go and watch this astounding movie) my soul resonates with the intended message.
I know that for me, some events in life have lead me to be fearful of some people, places and things. In my contemplations over the past few days I realize that this fear is a confirmation to these people, places and things that they do have control over my life. To rid myself of this control, which is self imposed to some extent, I have to let go of the fear that I continue to allow to fester in me and steal away at my being...

8 Comments:

Blogger Princess said...

Fie on fear!! Glad that you have managed to overcome your fears girl!!

4:20 PM  
Blogger egm said...

Fear is indeed crippling. Good for you that you are overcoming it!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Juju said...

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Marianne Williamson

11:38 PM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@princess...I hear ya doll.

@egm...Wonder why it took this while...oh well, baby steps I guess!

@majonzi...TA man...the essence of it is mindblowing to me...

5:41 AM  
Blogger Elle said...

So true .. the only thing to fear is fear itself. Always easier said than done, though :)

5:02 AM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@abby...ta for stopping by...how true the words!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Girl next door said...

Fear is a hard thing to deal with especially when it stems from real life experience. But every little step in dealing with it counts.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@GND...I hear ya doll and shaking off the experience(s) is the toughest part of riding self of fear...after that life's a breeze!!!

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home