Myalabasterbox

Saturday, May 05, 2007

On stupidity...

I’m reading this oh so scrumptious book (The Brothers Karamazov) and felt the need to share words that I found profound and that keep resonating in my soul. For as long as I’ve known me I’ve been rather intolerant of stupid people. And yes, I know that stupid is relative but for me it’s all lumped up together in an insufferable ball that needs to be eradicated from the face of the earth….tossed into oblivion.

Without much ado here’s the quote…
...the stupider one is, the closer one is to reality. The stupider one is, the clearer one is. Stupidity is brief and artless, while intelligence wriggles and hides itself. Intelligence is a knave, but stupidity is honest and straight-forward. …"

If you love to read, grab a copy of this book and get lost in it...The Brothers Karamazov - Fyodor Dostoevsky

8 Comments:

Blogger Prettylyf said...

Sounds like pretty interesting read..thanks for stopping by mine. I'm hanging on in there. Isn't it just how life is?

5:53 PM  
Blogger Eric Gitonga said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:04 PM  
Blogger egm said...

Ah, so you finally took the plunge eh? That's a mighty fine tale Dostoevsky wove for sure!

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello! The book sounds interesting..i may just pick up a copy.

2:10 PM  
Blogger 3N said...

You see Q, I am already working on my next crush, LOL

Interesting quote, makes me wonder if our disregard for everything perceived to be unintelligent is fully warranted.

I am not big on reading but I did a kidogo Wiki on this book and will make it my reading project.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Milonare said...

I havent read the book but Ive watched the movie like 7 times over on TCM. Its among my favorites right up there with North by Northwest. I must say that I disagree with the author on Stupidity. He shud have been talking about simplicity rather than stupidity. Those are two totally different things.
I can see 3N is spreading his darts/poyos/vybe/dose far and wide ROTFLMAO!!

2:36 AM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@prettylyf...Tis indeed interesting. I'd be remise if I didn’t give egm, princess and GND a shout-out for bringing said book to my attention.

@EGM…I’m enjoying every leaf!

@aegeus…By all means if you love to read.

@3N…dude, I don’t settle for seconds…LOL
There are oh so many mind-blowing words in the book. I think, no, who am I kidding…I focused and deliberated on these particular words because of my intolerance for stupid ppl. And maybe that’s not fair of me…

@milonare…ta for stopping by. I love North by Northwest…pretty much any classic movie.
I’ve had the notion to find the movie at Blockbuster, ta to you, I know it’s on TMC.
Hmmm on simplicity…I consider myself a simple being. i.e. don’t demand much from others because ‘I can do it all.’
On 3N he is sooooo on his own!

8:20 AM  
Blogger 3N said...

Quintessence, I see how you are dropping quickly, how will I cope?

*sobs*

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home