Myalabasterbox

Thursday, March 15, 2007

My 7 deadly edible sins....

  1. I love to wake up early on Saturdays and make a day of it. I go to the bookstore for a few hours, listen to music and read to my hearts content. As a treat for the long week and life to come I saunter in to La Madeleine. The cashiers/servers know me and immediately load my tray with Chicken Friand (mushroom sauce on the side) and Sacher Torte (SINFUL is an understatement) oh my, as if this is not enough they have the nyamiest bread. I normally get the wheat and theeeeeeeeeen the orange spread which is oh so like orange marmalade….2DIE4!!!
  2. This one is off the radar, because for me ice-cream elicits oh so many emotions and helps to mask many as well. Ok on Sunday go to church at 11 and then for ice-cream…rain or shine...much much better when its’ raining that way I can play in the rain. I know, weird. But Cold Stone Creamery. They mix the ice-cream to your taste…you get to pick what flavor you’d like and they scoop it, place it on the slab put your condiment choices in and mix away at your delight. I like strawberry cheesecake with a hint of mint…
  3. Cheesecake…I like strawberry or cherry flavored. For this I can’t make up my mind where I like it from. I think I’ll partake in any as long as it’s moist and has the fruit almost careening off the sides. This indulgement with a tall glass of cold water or coke…no words man!
  4. Another weird one is flat coke. It has to be cold and not overly flat but just right. I have a bottle in the fridge right now and can’t wait to indulge once lent is over. So you know how Americans put too much ice in drinks…doesn’t work for flat coke. The ice takes away from the rush. Yes, I’m a bonafide coca cola junkie. So much so that I’ve massive headaches every time I try to kick the habit.
  5. Kettle cooked potato chips…has to be lays for me. I like any of the flavors but my absolute fave is the original because they taste like ‘crisps’. So with this I get a great movie and or book (oft movie coz then my hands don’t have to leave the smudges on book. I’m anal about my books…I like for them to remain almost as new as bought). Anyway, Betty Crocker tub of strawberry or vanilla icing as the dip and life becomes BLISSFUL man.
  6. Ferrero Rocher or Lindt chocolates…heavenly. Either melts in your mouth leaving you either dazed by the experience or in ecstasy. I really don’t have words to describe the explosion without sexual innuendos so I’ll stop here. Actually I like most any chocolate. I like to get an assorted box and sit with a friend and sample the contents. Some of my fond moments have been spent sipping on some port or wine and biting half a piece of candy as I pass it on to friend and we talk and last…and then there are those sinful chocolate covered strawberries…wololo!!!
  7. On a cold rainy/snowy/icy night hot chocolate has to be the absolute best delight. That with ginger snap biscuits/cookies. So with the hot chocolate securely cupped between you knees you ever so deliberately dip the biscuit into the steaming cup…not for too long coz ginger snaps are almost always thin and thus fragile. As the delectable bits melt into your mouth lay back and enjoy. I really truly make a spectacle of this…light the candles turn on the red light pop in a great movie/documentary and the mood is set. Or if I get out of the house go to my special restaurant and get a cup of white hot chocolate…nyaaaaaaaaaamie. And they have the wickedest desserts.

There are only seven slots so the warm strawberry cream oatmeal, or oatmeal cereal/basic 4 cereal/weetabix with cold milk or Indian cuisine or vege fried rice (extra spicy) with pineapple chunks or chips and sausage or….the list is endless man!

13 Comments:

Blogger 3N said...

Wow, seems like you have a very sweet tooth. The only thing I can pick up from your list is hot chocolate especially during winter.
Did you know coke is unhealthy that if you leave a rusty nail in it for long enough it will become shiny again! I haven’t tried it yet but I have heard from people, lol. All the same it goes very well with rum though.
Enjoy your weekend and don’t indulge too much, its lent time.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@3N...yes, I do have a rather sweet tooth. It's a wonder that I've hardly any cavities.
Yeah, I've heard the thing about coke and believe me u I've tried on various ocassions to kill the habit. The longest I've gone has been 3 yrs only to get sucked in yet again...
Will enjoy my wknd and you do the same!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Princess said...

No. 6 totally works for me!!! Those are my favorite chocolates!!

2:27 PM  
Blogger SisBigBones said...

You know, I was nodding vigorously as I read on, until I stumbled onto # 4 and it all went downhill from there...LOL. I absolutely love bookstores, my fav one being Barnes & Noble with Borders a close 2nd.
And yes! Cold Stone is the best ice-cream joint in the world, I just had some yesterday. Even when it's -10 degrees outside, I'm always up for ice-cream.
Then of course there's the cheesecake...Cheesecake Factory anyone? I swear their cheesecake menu is bigger than their appetizer, entrees and drinks combined.
You lost me after that :)

8:07 PM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@Princess...I'm still holding on to a few #6s that you gave me. Must make a trip to the store soon

@SBB...bookstores are a great way of reading free books...aiye!
ice-creaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam, I woke up craving some...focus focus

5:53 AM  
Blogger Princess said...

You still have some left? I finished mine ages ago!!

@SBB...you should try the Dulce de Leche cheesecake from Cheesecake factory if you haven't already!!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@Princess...yes I do.
Oh my...dulce de Leche hagen daz...SINFUL, I can only imagine what the cheesecake taste like...ok Q glutton is a sin!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Kelitu said...

Gal, you better be weighing 5lbs soaking wet. If i ever indulged the way you do, i would be on Oprah getting on her diet and exercise regime.
I do have a sweet tooth, but after losing weight i have no become paranoid of fatty and sweet foods...(i am slowly become a Nicole Richie-esque) paranoid to gain the weight back.

2:22 PM  
Blogger egm said...

Bookstores, I LOVE! I can spend hours in them just reading and browsing the different offerings. I don't know how I'll survive once I go back home where you can't browse (let alone ready) as freely as here.

On coke, it's now 13 months and still going strong. I have completely lost whatever taste I had for it. Nowadays I see it, and I wonder what about it used to hold me in its power.

As for my sweet tooth, caramel flan, creme brulee and bread pudding top the list. Especially the bread pudding... mpaka I had to figure out how to make it so that each time I feel like it, I can enjoy it.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Girl next door said...

Dulce de leche cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory is to die for! It's like eating bites of heaven =)

I'm with you on the ice cream, wine, and chocolates. I'm getting hungry reading your post!

12:46 AM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@kelitu...I've never been overly concerned about my weight not because I don't stand to loose a few pounds but just coz I think weight is overrated, esp when ppl choose to starve selves to keep a certain image. I walk a lot and try to run and jump rope to keep fit other than that...sweet tooth is my name


@I hear you on the bookstore thing man, maybe we should put our brains together and open a B&N or Borders franchise, aiye?!

on coke...one day siku moja I'll be like you

mhmmmmmmm nyamie


@GND...You can definately be invited to a Girls Night In party

10:45 AM  
Blogger am mdkims said...

lovely post i like ... mdkims

11:15 AM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@ mdkims...ta for stopping by

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home