Myalabasterbox

Monday, April 23, 2007

Re-education of me...

I used to think that I could get along with men by understanding the intrinsic nature of their beings. I even thought that I had a very profound understanding of the male being because I have oh so many male friends and have some mind blowing discovery discussion into the make-up of ‘the male’, this, in addition to the reading that I’ve immersed self in. And I’m proud of self to some extent in that I do understand the basic nature of men. I’m intrigued by the male body. How the male body functions and reacts. How and why a man can be aroused (at the snap of a finger for some) and what that process entails. I think if my creator was to grant me one wish, it’d be to let me be a man for a day. That day would be filled with exploring especially the sexual encounters a man has...from arousal to immersion to explosion...what is elicited and or fulfilled. I’d also love to know what and how the male mind works....especially the problem solving aspect.

I’ve come to realize over the years that I don’t need to understand and may never truly understand ‘the male’ being. Let me clarify. In my opinion, to understand something one would have to be immersed in that thing/object and be a part of it. Does that make sense?... to be well versed in something, you have to be that very thing!

My stubborn, almost “feminazi” nature has for ages refuted the notion that one has to compromise to gain harmony. I was previously of the notion that women oft times compromise over and beyond their call of duty. I’ve pondered compromise over my life and now understand its substance and general make-up. It takes little time to live in harmony with all parties equally satisfied. I’ve learnt that when you give a little and I give a little and in your vision of my giving you decide to give more and I see your willingness to give therefore I give more…the cycle is Psychedelic.

We are inherently and deliberately created different. It would therefore behoove us to come to an understanding (used rather loosely) and some level of acceptance of our differences and consequently have a sense of respect of one another for us to start to live in a semblance of balance and harmony!

10 Comments:

Blogger 3N said...

Q, good post. I think most women think they can understand men and they obviously don’t. As you say only acknowledging and respecting differences will make a relationship work.

Since its impossible to become a man for a day, just learn as much and appreciate the differences.

1:02 PM  
Blogger egm said...

Hear hear! The need for coming together and mutual understanding of a man and a woman is vital for a relationship to work. The differences shouldn't be reason for discord. Rather they should be used to compliment each other.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@3N...totally agree with you and also want to point out that it’s a dual correspondence/reciprocal kinda thing going...both men and women need to be cognizant of our differences.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaan and here I was thinking that by putting it out, my wish would be granted!

@egm...I absolutely agree with all you've said...and compliment NOT complete each other is of paramount importance

10:45 AM  
Blogger 3N said...

you know Q, being a guy for one day could be more tasking than you think...

2:02 PM  
Blogger Magaidi said...

Q, two Observations:

An piece in conflict with itself. Which is which then? To understand is to immerse, to immerse is to relinquish a part of yourself, yet self refutes the notion of compromise so essential for harmony. Harmony - yes, the cornerstone of understanding. It's a battle within a battle.

Secondly, I don't think men understand themselves the way you want to understand them. Answers to your question are almost scientific in nature while we think of ourselves in simplistic terms .

7:07 AM  
Blogger Girl next door said...

I can't count the number of times I've said "I don't understand men"--especially lately. I agree that a compromise is often needed, my issue is what do I have to give? That's usually the deal-breaker with me.

3:05 AM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@Magaidi...Your comments are very much appreciated. I had to ponder both points for but a moment and somewhat agree with your assertions. I don't thing anyone should ever relinquish self for another...

@GND...That phrase used to be one that I used frequently...up until the time I challenged self to stop trying to understand but rather accept that certain aspect are incomprehensible.
You give up that which will not take away from the person that you are, or at least that’s what I do!

5:38 AM  
Blogger jm said...

Great Post ...You know now that you mention the instantaneous erection ... spring time is a dangerous time, especially when you have to use public transport to and fro work ... woe unto you if you are standing ... and then the mamas start pouring into the train ... i constantly have to train my mind to think far ...else ...\ oh god sorry.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@mwangi...ROFL...love your honesty. Why spring time...coz thats when we ADORN our oh so short attire! Woiye, how far do you think?
YAK reminds me of riding in mathrees at home and some perv is pricking his nasty self on innocent girls...DBL YAK

5:45 AM  
Blogger jm said...

Yes, that's precisely why spring tyme ni kubaya!! Even the mere act of writing this conjures delicious memories from years past ... I think I have a problem ... but that maneno of guys in mathrees getting of on chicks ... I'll echo the DBL YAK, actually ... make that a YAK YAK!!!

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home