Myalabasterbox

Friday, June 01, 2007

One Love...



This song came to mind early this morn..."Black, White, Red and Green colours of the flag now as seen. Reminding us of what has been and in the future what has to be seen."
I've known the colours of the flag to represent...
Black...People
White...Peace and unity
Red...Blood shed for our freedom
Green...Land
My curiosity led me to Google meaning of flag and this is the general consensus...
White – peace and honesty
Red – hardiness, bravery, strength & valour
Green – hope, joy and love and in many cultures have a sacred significance
Black - Black majority & Determination

It is thus my prayer/hope that today and for the rest of my life, I aspire to protect my right as a Kenyan and uphold the true meaning of the fight for my freedom! And further to treat my right as a privilege thus honouring the land that embraced and provided sustenance for my existence.

Have a safe Madaraka Day!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger egm said...

Hear hear!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Klara said...

Good one! Thanx for remindin me this had forgotten those meanings! LOL

2:53 AM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@egm...thats what I said when my memory was jogged

@Klara...yw!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Princess said...

Nice post!!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Girl next door said...

Hope you had a good Madaraka Day yourself. Thanks for sharing the meaning of our flag.

9:59 PM  
Blogger B n P said...

thats my prayer too..infact i'll ongeza "the loyalty pledge" to that prayer as well.

-betty-

12:35 PM  
Blogger Prettylyf said...

Hope u had a good one!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@Princess...ta doll!

@GND...I did indeed, as I hope you did. Listened to Roger Whittaker on EGMs post all day at work and then proceeded home to indulge in easy listening and some relaxation.

@BnP...WORD!Hmm when we recited that, did we truly understand the meaning and or essence of the words?

@Prettylf...ta, I did as I hope you did!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Please, please, post all the word of the song.

..."Black, White, Red and Green colours of the flag now as seen. Reminding us of what has been and in the future what has to be seen."

I want my children to learn this song and I cannot find it on the web.

--
Njeri

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home