Myalabasterbox

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Sand, sea, sun, bikes – absolute BLISS!!!



I had a BLAST this weekend and have a scar to show for it (burnt lower right leg while getting on a bike and not realizing the cylinder was HOT. Never mind the numerous warnings that apparently yours truly didn’t hear because of the excitement). I attended the black bikers event in Myrtle Beach. I still have an adrenalin rush from a bike ride and watching bikes and oh so much more. Oh I should have added this to my tag-list…I LOOOOOOOOOVE BIKES! I’ve always wanted to go to Myrtle Beach for Bikers week and when the opportunity knocked I opened the door.

I however didn’t quite know what I was opening the door for. Mine eyes have seen things they will never or rather I hope to never subject them to again. My soul goes out to all the women who feel that the only way they can attract attention, gain validation is to expose themselves in ways that I deem beneath anyone. I’ve never felt like a piece of meat but this weekend defined that and I had hands-on experience which left me with feelings of degradation, disgust, unworthiness and oh so vile.

I know I haven’t said much, because I would be perpetuating that which I find abominable, but I’d really care to know the HONEST opinion from anyone esp. of the male species on the blatant sexploitation and the necessity of women self-exposing and men ooogling like their life depended on it…
Do men really appreciate it when a woman publicly exposes her body?
Would you (man) get with a woman who publicly bares all?
Does respect come in to play as the observee, and or the observed?
Does the clothing industry give misconceptions when they produce items of clothing that would not enhance, accentuate certain body types/sizes?
Is exposure a cultural thing? If yes, why does this culture seemingly encourage gender/sex exploitation?
What is it with the double standard? I can count on one hand the number of men who I observed self-exposed.
Why do certain individuals feel the need for validation if it is to their deterioration?
Am I prudish?

Maybe my sanctimonious view is unnecessary, but I feel that self respect and dignity go a loooooooong way. And I know and understand the freedoms that the citizenry of a nation are awarded but what is that freedom if it further enslaves certain individuals in the process.

Disclaimer: My discombobulated thoughts are due to the trauma and I could be experiencing PTSD from viewing too much skin!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger 3N said...

I am numero UNO!

First, you are not prudish. It is within acceptability to expect grown women to dress in a mature and respectable manner.

So what do I think of scandalously dressed women?

I would like to engage her on one on one session of heavy petting. But definitely NOT date them; no man wants a slutty gf or wife.

p.s. whatever the coincidence, we were just talking this past weekend about doing myrtle beach next year for the bike week.

12:28 PM  
Blogger egm said...

I was at South Beach in Miami for Memorial Day 4 years ago, and the scene there was just as you describe. Skin everywhere you looked. There was one woman in particular who caused major chaos. Dressed only in thong, fishnet body suit and boots, she strutted her stuff on the streets, even posing for pictures. One guy on his bicycle rode right into a pole and fell down, much to the amusement of all of us that were watching. Crazy are the things some will do for attention.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@3N…ok for some reason you just reminded me of that silly song…”I’m number one, I have come to dance, dance in the middle and then I run away…”
Ok back to regular program…ta for the vote of confidence. I agree with all you’ve said apart from the petting part. From what I observed dudes would touch these mamas. Why then in gods good name would you want to associate with all of that. Where have their hands been? I’m almost hurling here man. What, she’s not good enough to be a gf/wife but you can sleep with her? Something’s not adding up!
You will have a blast!

@egm…you tell no lie. Yaani those mamas would bend over for a cam corder/camera while carrying on a ph conversation. Not phased that there butt would be somewhere on cyberville. Mamas in thongs riding bikes with no care…I wont lie; my friends and I gawked in SHOCK like a bunch of chics at a lesbian fest. We are all still traumatized!

7:19 AM  
Blogger Prettylyf said...

I shall not dare answer any of the questions. I'm with you in what you feel.

I'm just glad you got to go to Myrtle and ride bikes and watch what you've always wanted. Despite the obscenities you encoutered am glad opportunity knocked on yours' and you opened.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Anthony said...

Wow,if bikes cause u dat much damage then its hi time u leave the hayabusa's alone. Lol!

3:36 AM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@prettylf...I am too!

@antoine...Ta for stopping by.
Don't get me wrong I had a fab time and the bikes didn't cause me any damage. Twas disheartening to observe what lengths women went through to seek attention!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Prousette said...

There is a common thing that people who dress or is it walk around with only 2% of their body covered up.
That it is my body and am free to do anything I want with it.

With freedom comes responsibility, and there is a very thin line between decently sexy and obscenity.

Speaking for myself I am on the extreme end of prudish, the only place I can be adventurous is my bedroom.

1:54 AM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@Prousette...You couldn't have said it better!!!

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home