Myalabasterbox

Monday, October 02, 2006

PERFEEEEEEECT WKND...

If there ever was such a weekend this will go down in history as being a perfect weekend...my Friday started on a great foot...I worked till noon then went out to lunch with this oh so scrumptious man – tall, dark, baritone, intelligent, humorous - say I more...I spent the rest of the day studying for my comprehensives, which I take at the end of October...some of my most precious moments are spent at the bookstore...Barnes n Noble to be precise...my adrenalin in that surrounding is equal to a runners high...I can spend hours on end reading, perusing, working on a sudoku or simply listening to music...the perfect day ended with a trip to La Madeleine...chicken friand and a slice of sacher torte that accompanied by subtle French music to tantalize your sensory faculties...this is SINFUL stuff man and especially so when you walk into a restaurant and the server/waiter gives you your stash no menu needed or words exchanged...I need to find a new location - NOT.
Saturday was even better...woke up early to get some reading in...wuuhuu I’ve finally covered 5 out of the 8 topics that I’ll be tested on...goooooooo me...reading done, left the house about noon for sushi with a friend...I’m an extremely picky eater and often eat things as a craving hits me...the restaurant has a perfect ambience and quite a variety of sushi which I got to enjoy...it oft amazes me how filling sushi can be...we were both extremely full after partaking and thus decided to go take a walk at the park...perfect walking weather - sun was out but not burning hot, light breeze - after the walk met up with a couple of friends at a park and worked on a nerving puzzle...did I mention the swing...I am a child at heart and often enjoy swinging and especially playing in the rain...
my Saturday evening was spent with two of my fave ppl...very unassuming evening...I’ve been feeling kinda downtrodden so I’d decided to turn off my phone for the wknd, something I never do, and not let the cares of the world befall me...we had some amarulla listened to fabulous music and danced...the sharing of feelings and thoughts and worries was PRICELESS...I got home kinda tipsy and dared to call a ‘friend’ just so I could tell him exactly how I feel about him and this almost got me in trouble...thank god for mind over body and oh the distance...LOL...I’m not much of a crier - I come from the “big-gals-don’t-cry” school of thought...but for some reason I felt all my worries down on me all at once left with no option but to succumb to the flood gates...oh my, I boo hoo'd like there was no tomorrow...WOW the feeling after that was refreshing...I always feel embarrassed when I cry though...I don’t know why or who instilled this in me...it's such an expected female trait and is a sign of weakness...I wish those theys hadn’t instilled this notion in me, oh well...momentarily cleansed by my tears I fell into deep slumber with the intention of waking up to attend church @ 11...LOL...the pounding would not stop man...I’m an early bird by nature and by 7 was wide awake wondering why my head felt like 20 million monkeys were jumping inside it...all I could think was hydrate, hydrate but this after calling aforementioned ‘friend’ to make sure I hadn’t offended...LOL...my Sunday was spent between bed and bed...as the day went by and evening set in, I managed to rack up energy to cook some homemade chips and sausages (almost like farmers choice - purchased from a Brit store)...my goal for the day was stay awake long enough to was Desperate Housewives and the show after that...for some reason Brees insolence was causing my head to hurt more so I turned to music and a fresh bottle of water and faded off to sleep with the serene sound of Oliver N'goma...

2 Comments:

Blogger Princess said...

Perfect weekends like yours are always refreshing!!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@princess...yes, and esp when it's unexpected...

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home