Myalabasterbox

Monday, September 11, 2006

Purpose in life...

the other day I walked into a Drs. office and the individual at the front desk was soooooooooooooo bloody unpleasant and I started to say some' back but held my tongue...first off if you're in such a position you should be as pleasant as pleasant can be...you are after all handling individuals who are visiting the office for various health reasons and you should treat them with utmost tenderness let alone respect...this got me thinking...I need to stop existing and start living...too often we find ourselves simply existing...our routine doesn’t change...wake up shower get ready for work get to work with or without having breakfast depending on preference work/im/blog/email/phone lunch work/im/blog/email/phone leave work go home watch tellie go to bed only to wake up to the same routine...we oft find ourselves in this "existence" mode when we are simply at a job not because we enjoy doing what we are doing but because it pays the bills and keeps us away from 'poverty'...this is done without realization that by so existing our lives are impoverished...we live empty lives and some are never happy and project this on those consumers who we serve..those theys have been telling us for time immemorial to Capri Diem and Capri I shall...I want to cease every moment, opportunity, person that invigorates my being...work at a job that brings joy to my very essence...this will be reflected in the way I interact with those who I encounter as I work...instead of a grouch at a Drs. office it'd be pleasant to find a warm-hearted soul...and I do understand that having a great day everyday is not possible for all but in those moments that you feel you are unable to be pleasant please call in or put on a nice act just for a moment or I don’t know post signs that give directions when a consumer walks in your office...

4 Comments:

Blogger Princess said...

The comment about posting I don't know signs is hilarious. It is true that some individuals should not work in professions where they have to interact with others because they are not people friendly. If I were a doctor, or if I had my own firm a prerequisite to being a receptionist would be compassion and the ability to leave your problems at home. You should see our receptionists. Even when they aren't feeling well they smile and still look like life is peachy.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

I could write volumes on the purpose of life, or finding the purpose of life. It's the story of my life. That's my excuse for having just been existing, that I've been searching. I try to live, but old habits die hard. I'm afraid.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@princess...can i trade one of your receptionists for the one at the docs office...
@samborera...when u do find the receipe for the purpose of life do share...

8:26 AM  
Blogger Samborera said...

Oh. That. It's simple really. It's all meaningless. All one needs to do is to serve and obey God. [I don't often put out any religious kind of stuff out there, but this is my answer]

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home