Myalabasterbox

Monday, September 18, 2006

Yoga...

Late last year I indulged in a yoga class devotedly six days a week for a little over eight months…though the classes were expensive that’s the best, most rewarding $$ I’ve spent on me, ever…the first two months were a thriiiiiiiiiiiiiill, well all the rest were but the first two more so because I was on a horny constant for that duration…boy oh boy…and it didn’t help that I was practicing celibacy…if the right person had landed this horny, flexible body he would have had a &*%$#@% moment, that I can guarantee…the sensuality of yoga is underrated…hmmm almost like having a tantric sexual experience…ok so back to yoga, it was/is very centering for me...I managed to have mind/body/soul/spirit connectivity and I still pull on it especially at those moments when I don’t feel like I can carry on with the monotony of life all I have to do is pull out the yoga mat, do my sequence, strike a pose and sit in absolute silence or put on yoga cd which has nature sounds – water, birds chirping, beating drums…during these moments I have the most profound conversations with self and God…my simple, most conscious/aware, in tune mode settles in after a yoga session… I feel the energy literally travel from the top of my head through my chest to the pit of stomach across my palms and the cycle continues…I feel purification, almost perfect in my own little world…similar to the PRICELESS innocence I experience when I surround myself with babies/infants/children…the peace that surpasses understanding comes over my being…for me yoga works not only as a source of connecting with self and others and my creator but as a great source of serenity and happiness and I should thus strive to acquire the discipline to wake up each morning and dedicate at least 30mins to yoga…awake my very being so that when I walk its almost like floating on air with a groovy bounce every day and all my actions and reactions and interactions are positively deliberate…contrary to popular opinion my yoga class involved much more than sitting still and chanting…some of the cardio was very challenging…I believe I was at my fittest during daily yoga days, one would wonder why I don’t practice everyday and the only answer I would have for one is simply laziness or maybe I don’t feel the need to pull strength from this source unless I’m in dire need or maybe the motivation I need is lacking or maybe I don’t have an answer to one’s wondering…now I practice when I feel the need to commune with my being and creator which has increased over the past month…it is my goal to make yoga a habit in my life almost ritualistic or maybe even an addiction that borders on obsession…and by golly I will…HAHAHA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home