Myalabasterbox

Monday, October 23, 2006

I don't know...

I’ve had an interesting past week to say the least. Sunday the 15th I participated in the AIDS Walk and had oh so much fun. My friends came out to support and we all wore THE Kenyan team rugby shirts…ok maybe not THE, all the same you get the gist, we were all wearing our paraphernalia and looked like quite the team…and made a spectacles of ourselves singing ‘Eloya’ and the like. We truly had our fifteen minutes of fame…yes people we convinced we were a team of sorts from Kenya. We had two chutes run up to us while we were singing and they joined us in ‘chanting’ taking photos and exchanging numbers…yes, quite the Celebes man. The walk was a breeze, 5K and lasted a little less than two hours. It was exciting for me to see the gazillion number of people who gave up their Sundays and came to join the masses in walking for a great cause. The weather was STUPENDOUS…we hydrated and screamed our lungs off and took photos and walked (ok some strolled – you know yourselves ha ha).
After the walk we were of course famished so off we went to Golden Corral – yes, you guessed right, one of those all you can eat places. And here our fame didn’t go un-noticed. While we were on the queue there was a Kenyan family ahead and one of the guys in the group was sooooooo excited and kept taking photos of us…haggard we looked but our hunger blocked the attraction that we were drawing. The waitresses were debating about our origin and finally one of them garnered courage to come and set the record straight. Apparently word had gone round that a Kenyan rugby team was dinning in the restaurant. Yup we played along. Every once in a while a flash would go off...tee hee hope none of the ‘fans’ read this…nah we set the record straight…hmm I can understand why a bunch of chics, 7 to be precise, dressed in rugby shirts and the one male in the group dressed sportsey can lead others to believe that they are a rugby team with not so much as a word exchanged…ha ha. All bellies full beyond imagination we went to our respective homes calling each other on and off to inquire about hurting body parts and remedies.
Yes! I have Monday off...It’s my younger sisters Bday I took the day off to celebrate her bday…never mind that gazillion of miles or is it kilometers (ha ha) separate us…if wishes were horses man. If I didn’t work at a school, then I wouldn’t be off for mid semester break. I indulged her with a call and we were on the phone for hours on end being absolutely silly...till the infamous ‘you have one minute left for this call’ lady came on interrupting our bliss.
For some reason I wasn’t feeling well on Tuesday and it was raining and so I called in. I enjoyed the day reading and sipping on hot chocolate occasionally drifting off to sleep then got out of bed and watched my fave movie and back to bed and simple pleasures. I’m not one to stay in bed or sleep for hours on end. There was something definitely wrong with my body. Things never got better. Next morning got up bright and early to get ready for work and ended up blacking out on my bathroom floor. I spent the morning in the ER and test upon test revealed nada. I was sooooo, ok what do I mean was, I am still...hmmm blank about the entire experience. My head was throbbing beyond my belief, I had a bump on my forehead, I slit the area between my upper lip and nose…basically looked like I’d lost a boxing match…not pretty. The nurse could of course not find my veins so she pricked me a couple of time and finally got it. Why can’t doctors find out what’s going on with my body. Its all good and well that I was told to stay home for the rest of the week and I got some much needed rest but I still feel the same man. It just seems that these changes are not ending and it’s one thing after the other. Could it be fatigue/dehydration…I don’t know. All that I’m positive of is that my body feels like crap and now I’m beginning to sound like a hypochondriac with all these trips to the hospital.

7 Comments:

Blogger Princess said...

Sounds like you all had a fantastic time doing something charitable..kudos to you all!! I hope that you are back on track pretty soon and that your blacking out was a result of fatigue as opposed to something serious. Nice of you to take the day off to celebrate your sister's b'day..you remind me of my family..b'days are a big deal!! In fact I will start celebrating mine a week earlier since my sis will be gone the week befor my b'day so we have decided we are gonna have a fantastic time in advance and I shall continue the celebrations the following week. Oops..I am writing way too much.

3:52 PM  
Blogger egm said...

So you were the Kenya Colours folks we saw in the pictures Aco posted (I'm assuming it was the same walk in Atlanta he took part in)! I should look through again and try figure out who you are :) N'ways, it was definitely a fun time doing something notable.

Pole about the body issues. I hope you get better and that the docs find out quick what the maneno is.

Last week was my bro's b/day. Us guys are not big on celebrating, so usually a card is enough if he's near, or a phone call if he's far. Heck, sometimes an sms will do!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Girl next door said...

Sounds like the AIDS walk was lively (and for a good cause). When you're having fun people tend to get drawn to you. Pole about feeling sick. It's frustrating when you just don't feel good but there's no specific illness found. Drinking water is a great idea, and vitamin C helps boost the immune system.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pole sana. Hope you feel better soon. Sometimes its just stress and its just your body's way of telling you to slow down. Enjoy your time off!

1:52 AM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@Princess...lol, feel free to write some more dont be bashful now...i celebrate my bday the entire month...hope you enjoy yours!

@egm...ha ha Aco is a paparazzi
ta for the well wishes I am deliberately making an effort to eat, rest, and exercise better than I have been

@GND...it was a blast...actually, no matter where I'm going, I always leave my house with the intention of having a blast or making one out of the situation and I always do
ta for your advice doll, I love water so that shldnt be a problem it's the vit C that may be but i'll heed your advice

@aegeus...I hear ya man and I'm making efforts to slow down...ta

6:48 AM  
Blogger freespirit said...

Madam I done told you to lay off them drugs..fatigue is code word...lol... Kidding..but you know you need to take better care of yourself and get plenty of rest and eat right. You will be alright.. And yes the AIDS walk was FUN...enjoyed the stroll through the rich peoples hood...auuiiii ... I WANT MONEY LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY....oh ya lol i need to email you the pics i took...my bad.....

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations and LOL at rugby team ti hi hi

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home