Myalabasterbox

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Morbidity of sorts…

So my friends and I normally have these silly exchanges…calling first dibs on each others possessions should the demise of said individual happen. Today dibs were called on my shot glasses, bracelets, music, books and candles by her because she has the spare key to my apt, she can come and pick up the ‘dibbed’ before calling the cops or whoever about my passing. Ok I know, not funny but think about it these are material things that I don’t want to be buried with….ok maybe our sense of humor is far left or whatever. Also, what better people to have my stuff than those with whom I’ve shared laughs and oh so much more with. I told her on a serious that, if she did that, I think I’d come back to haunt her just for the heck of it…to keep the laughs going, right. She’ll arrange dibbed candles for a nice relaxing bath and just when she’d least expect it, in sweeps in my ghost, lights candles and elevates em, doing some synchronizing moves. And theeeeeeeeeen and then when she goes to sleep I can deejay for her. Ok I’m done with that.

Do you guys have a living will? I’ve been saying I’ll put one together for years now. I actually did years ago but for some reason never got to print and or sign it. I need to do this. If I died out of Kenya, I’d like to be cremated and have my remains sent to my family. Ok I’m done with the morose! Word to the wise…keep a living will…

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger jm said...

I will be buried @ home. I will not be cremated. There is no logic to it though, purely sentimental ... I think.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

just cremate the dying daylights out of me(not living daylights in this case)
i do not want any fancy coffins though tato would like them fancy ones of six feet under...but id like to be done with swiftly and involves as few people as possible

11:37 PM  
Blogger feather said...

i think the living will isn't a bad idea

3:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cremation is also my preferred way of interment. Now to go arrange for that will thingie that you mention...the less the fuss over my passing the better...spread my ashes over a secluded beach na huko coast...

4:27 AM  
Blogger Princess said...

I think it is essential to have a Will and I do in fact have one.

1:55 PM  
Blogger W. said...

I never thought about being cremated, or not, or even about a living will. hmmmmmm.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Prettylyf said...

lol you + your friends=funny!

I agree though a living will is a great idea

7:37 PM  
Blogger Klara said...

This stuff scares me to talk about..

2:31 AM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@Mwangi...To each his own!

@Spidey/tato...tee hee, that was funny, but I hear ya

@Feather...It's not esp. for those who have worldly possessions that they know without a shadow of doubt they want to pass on to specific people

@Aegeus...You me both man!

@Princess...Glad you have one. If memory serves me right you were supposed to have helped me with one!!!???

@Wambui...Oft times we don't think about these things or take em for granted.

@Prettylyf...We are certifiable! I reckon it is too esp. if you know what, who, how, when. I think it also saves those you leave behind from plenty of squabbling.

@Klara...I know doll, but at some point in life we find ourselves faced with these considerations and or contemplations.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Princess said...

Yes, I was, but I need to obtain information from you as to the content of the Will!!

I think it is definitely something we have to do together...guess that means I am coming to visit you again sometime soon!!! Yes, I have invited myself and please plan to make me some chapos and dengu!!!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Betty said...

am creeped out with all the death and burial talk..uuiii its 0016,glass of wine in hand then u pipo talking about going 6 feet anda.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@Princess...Don't know how to make those unless u'd like to eat hard rock renditions. I can hook up some pancakes and other stuff though, so be my guest!

@Betty...Sorry doll, didn't mean to creep you out.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Girl next door said...

It may seem kind of morbid, but it is so important to make your wishes for death known to your loved ones as you've pointed out. In one of my classes a few years ago, we wrote a paper about our wishes concerning end of life care,death & burial. I've shared some of my wishes with my siblings, but don't have an official will. It's a great idea.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Quintessence said...

@GND...Wow, that sounds like a great assignment

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home